Thursday 22 May 2008

No chance to stitch

No stitching for a couple of weeks but I've managed to go to Malvern for the quilt show and buy lots of fabric online. It only takes a stressful day at work and I'm looking for bargain fabrics. My shopping from stash resolution only lasted until the end of January. Looking forward to all those parcels arriving and the excitement of planning another quilt.
My LQS has launched a challenge for their 10th anniversary exhibition in November. Of course I had to visit the shop and aided and abetted by my sister and DD selected fabrics for my entry. That led to several evenings with my quilt books searching for inspiration. I've narrowed down my options - the theme is Stitch in Time - and I'm thinking that I may go for that 'timeless' classic, log cabin or perhaps a nine patch. Decisions, decisions. At least I have until November to complete it.
Looking forward to a long weekend and the chance to stitch. I really need to complete the ufos from the last couple of workshops I've done. My Lynne Edwards Continuous Log Cabin blocks need to be stitched together and the Katharine Guerrier scrap blocks need to be finished. I enjoyed the 'big stitch' quilting I used on my last quilt so will opt for that on the log cabin.

No comments: