Saturday 19 April 2008

Cambridge Guild AGM

Spent last weekend in Cambridge for the AGM of the Quilters' Guild of the British Isles. A chance to catch up with quilters from all over the UK and Europe. I travelled by minibus with quilters from Swansea, Cardiff and Gwent. My friend Teresa came for the first time and brought her daughter, Bron, a young quilter.



Charlotte Yde was our speaker on Friday evening, fabulous art quilts. I like hearing about the inspiration behind quilts. So often we view quilts at exhibitions and would love to speak their
creators for more background info. During the rest of the weekend the speakers were Shirley Bloomfield (Baltimore), Helen Deighan (coiled pots and dyeing) and Judi Mendelssohn on why she's not a championship quilter (but she could be I think).



There were traders of course but I managed to stay reasonably focussed and not go mad. Just some lutradur and threads but then found a scrap bag containing some fabrics I recently used up. Lasted until Saturday afternoon before buying a book of small quilt projects. Thought they'd make good presents for quilty friends.



Didn't take many photos as space didn't allow for a quilt exhibition as in previous years. Looking forward now to next years AGM in Swansea. Much closer to home for me.

No comments: